TimelyCare: Telehealth for Students
In addition to the University Counseling Center (UCC), University Health Services (UHS), the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (McWell), and the Center for Student Support and Care, the Health and Wellness Unit within the Division of Student Affairs also offers a telehealth program to students called TimelyCare (formerly Fighting Irish Care). While students are encouraged to visit UHS and UCC during business hours, this additional service provides after-hours access to medical care and 24/7 access to mental telehealth care across the United States, with no cost at the time of your visit.
Whether you're feeling sick or overwhelmed, you will be able to talk to a licensed provider from your smartphone or any web-enabled device. Licensed providers are available to diagnose non-emergent medical conditions, prescribe medications, and offer mental health support and wellness coaching via phone or secure video visits.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can use TimelyCare?
Any enrolled Notre Dame undergraduate, graduate, or professional student, whether you are accessing instruction in person or remotely.
How can students access TimelyCare?
Students can visit timelycare.com/notredame to register for and access telehealth services. Students can then hold visits through any web-enabled device throughout the United States. If you were previously using the TimelyMD app connected to Fighting Irish Care, you must enroll on the new TimelyCare app with your school email address to continue accessing your free telehealth services.
Please use the following steps to enroll:
1.Go to timelycare.com/notredame.
2.Click "Sign In" as a first-time user. If you’re on your phone, you'll be prompted to download the TimelyCare app.
3.Use your Notre Dame email address to register.
4.Enter your personal profile information and medical history.
5. If you were previously using the TimelyMD app, delete the app once your new account has been set up.
What services are available?
The following services are available to all students:
- Medical: After-hours access to a medical provider who can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infections, allergies, and more.
- TalkNow: Like our University Counseling Center (UCC) Talkline (574-631-TALK), this service allows 24/7 access to a mental health counselor to talk about anything at any time.
- Scheduled Counseling: Select a counselor and an appointment time that meets your needs.12 free counseling visits are available through TImelyCare.
- Health Coaching: Access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management, and more.
How much does a visit cost?
There is no cost for Notre Dame students to receive medical, Talk Now, or Health Coaching. Students receiving Scheduled Counseling have 12 free appointments. Students continuing to receive counseling services beyond the 12 free appointments will be responsible for any appointment fees incurred.